The 5000m Track Challenge will return for it’s second edition on 21st August 2021 at Harvey Hadden Athletics Stadium and will see a day of 5000m racing culminating with Elite races featuring top athletes all competing for the title of being 2021’s Track Challenge champion. The race will feature pacemakers to ensure a fast and exciting race and help runners break their personal bests and keep the field as competitive as possible.
- 15 races throughout the day
- All races will be paced – in 2019, our pacemakers covered an average of more than 4000m per race!
- Anyone with a PB of inside 21-minutes can enter. (5000m, Road 5K and park run times all accepted)
- Race entry costs just £10
- Elite entry available for sub-14:10 men and sub-16:30 women
- Free entry for spectators
- Refreshments available at the event
- UKA Level 1 accredited event
- Organised under full UKA rules
- Professional ‘Photo Finish’ timekeeping
- Entrants must be born before 31/08/2004
- Full timetable will be released once all entries are in and seeding is complete
Throughout the day there will be a series of 5000m races open to entry to the general public; where aspiring athletes can enter a paced race in order to try and achieve their personal best, or, try to break that next minute barrier. Featuring split second photo finish timing; you can be confident that your time will be accurate.
The event will also be open to spectators who are welcome to attend the attend completely free of charge. There will be food and drink available for purchase throughout the day and into the evening; and encourage spectators to make as much noise as possible to help our athletes run as fast as possible.
Harvey Hadden Sports Village
Wigman Rd, Nottingham NG8 4PB